Required hours are:
Mondays 7 pm - 9 pm
Tuesdays 3:30 pm - 9pm
Fridays 2:30 pm - 7 pm
Saturdays 2:30 pm - 7 pm
Sundays 2:30 pm - 7 pm
Description: The Cattery Assistant II is a paid part-time position that will work with the Operations Director in the everyday operation of the Cattery Lounge & Snackery. This includes managing the wellbeing of the cats, attending to patrons, and supervising Assistant I and volunteer positions.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Thorough cleaning of facility and equipment, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day in order to prevent/minimize illness as well creating an attractive and comfortable area for the cats and patrons.
● Opening and/or closing the store for business on scheduled days.
● Supervising the Assistant I when on-site.
● Working with the Volunteer Director and volunteers to help maintain the best possible environment for cats and patrons.
● Coordinate with the PAWS off-site counselor.
● Handling payment transactions with customers- monitoring the stay of customers and enforcing Cattery rules.
● Using the Point of Sales systems, Square.
● Selling and restocking snacks, beverages, merchandise, and consignment art.
● Working with the Programs Director for special events and activities within the Cattery.
● Other duties as assigned by the Operations and/or members of the Board of Directors. Requirements:
● Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be personable, outgoing, patient, professional, compassionate, and able to get along well with a variety of people. The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
● Excellent written and oral communications skills.
● Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace.
● Familiarity with cats and knowledge of cat behavior through experience volunteering or working with a rescue group/ humane society, foster care involvement, or other animal welfare agency/veterinary clinic are a must.
● Ability and initiative in order to work with minimal supervision and direction.
● Maturity and good judgment.
● Ability to problem solve in unpredictable situations.
● Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks.
● Management and supervision skills. Education requirements:
● High-school diploma or GED
Physical requirements: ● Physical ability to walk and stand throughout a normal workday required. ● Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms and hands ● Ability to hear, see, and move animals and goods (up to 50 pounds). ● Allergic conditions, which would be aggravated when handling or working with animals, may be a disqualification.
Benefits: $9 an hour for up to 30 hours a week No benefits provided We employ both paid staff and volunteers and are an equal opportunity employer