It is our goal to bring a community space to the Hill Country, while promoting and facilitating the adoption of cats and kittens. In addition to our core mission of helping Hays County cats and kittens, we will feature the work of local artists on a consignment basis, and offer special events. We are partnered with PAWS of Central Texas, the only no-kill shelter in Hays County.
- Operate a location providing quality care for cats and kittens awaiting adoption into permanent homes to further the no-kill movement.
- Provide enrichment for patrons, cats, and kittens interacting with each other in a safe and secure lounge setting.
- Offer education to the public about adoption and rescue principles through community engagement.
“I envision Cattery Lounge & Snackery as the perfect environment for synergy between people and adoptable felines. We strive to create a safe and relaxing place for patrons to chill, socialize, or participate in a class with other animal lovers"
— Heather Aidala, Executive Director
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
- Opened in our location on The Square in San Marcos.
- Formed a partnership with PAWS of Central Texas.
- Conducted 18 adoptions during our first month in business
- Achieved status as a State of Texas nonprofit organization.
- Applied for our 501(c)3 status
- Assembled a diverse and talented Board of Directors